This state-of-the-art magnetometer is designed to measure very small magnetic variations in continuous u-channel samples at 1 cm intervals. The magnetometer is equipped with three SQUIDS (Superconducting QUantum Interference Device Sensor) that are cooled to six Kelvins with a new type of cryogenic compressor.
- 2G-Enterprises SRM-755 cryogenic magnetometer.
This instrument measures magnetic variations as small as 1e-8 A/m on U-channel samples. The magnetometer can measure the Natural Remanent Magnetisation (NRM) and is equipped for Alternating Field (AF) demagnetization.
- Coils used to generate the strong alternating fields.
Other modules were added for the induction of other types of magnetization.
- Module to induce Anhysteretic Remanent Magnetization (ARM)
- Module to induce Isothermal Remanent Magnetization and Saturated Isothermal Remanent Magnetization (IRM et SIRM)
- Module to measure magnetic susceptibility
University of Quebec at Rimouski
Research laboratory in
310 Allée des Ursulines, C.P. 3300
Telephone & email
Ph: +1 (418) 724-1650 poste 1741